We are a dynamic Savings and Credit Co-operative Society committed to excellence and quality service. Due to our rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit a competent, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position;
Senior Credit Officer –Loan Issuance
The Position holder will be expected to maintain healthy relations between all the Sacco’s internal and external stakeholders ensuring adherence to lending policies and procedures and constantly reviewing them to meet relevant changes in the financial sector.
- Ensuring timely appraisal of all loan applications received by confirming the accuracy of all documentation required, guarantors and completion of all required information as per the credit policy and procedure.
- Ensuring professional, timely, accurate and efficient feedback to clients on pending documentation and requirements on pending loans and any other information sought.
- Custodian of all loan securities.
- Scrutinizing, checking and registration of all loans appraised by the loans assistant and recommend to the credit manager for approval, confirming loan repayment mode and ensuring that appropriate documentations are attached to facilitate prompt loans recovery.
- Ensure that all disbursements meet the set quality standards to avoid any loan losses to the society.
- Champion compliance to Policies and procedures, continuous checks for quality assurance in the company’s credit processes
- Monitor compliance by the credit appraising team on all the credit approval conditions; ensure that non-compliance issues and irregular transactions are escalated to the credit manager.
- Issue instructions to service providers for land valuation, legal charges and car track devoices installation.
- Receive, verify and instituting the DDA’s, Follow up on bounced DDA’s send alerts to members via email on a daily basis who DDA’s have not gone through based on communication received from the bank.
- Submission of approved loans to finance team for disbursements.
- Assisting the finance team in batching of loans before disbursement
- Ensure that loans maintained in the system are properly captured. Ensure reconciliation of all system entries in relation to credit processes.
- Coordinate monitoring, follow up and recovery of loans with Credit Officers.
- Generate daily disbursement reports and batch proofing disbursed facilities to ensure the have been booked as per the approval i.e. amounts, repayments period, guarantor-ships, securities.
- Generate compliance reports for reporting (SASRA reports on sectoral lending) decision-making, performance appraisals and analysis for potential borrowers for the Sacco.
- Analysis business information to identify process improvement for increasing business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designing a filling and retrieval system for daily disbursements.
- Participate in cross-functional meeting in resolving customer issues.
- Offer financial advisory services and education to members on savings and loans.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- A Degree in Commerce / Business Administration or any other related field with CPA part 2, any other related professional course will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a financial organization, one of which must be in middle level management.
Key Skills & Competences
- Willingness to learn and be flexible in the working arrangements.
- Use initiative to plan own work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Excel spread sheets & MS Word.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as member of the team and multi-task.
The application to be sent through Brighter Monday latest COB 27/5/2020.
We are an equal employer